Options

Challenge #97 - Eye Of The Storm

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited February 26, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK.. so here's what I've got so far... of these which works best?

i-vkMLs2d-L.jpg

i-hqVdPNN-L.jpg

i-fwmFvPr-L.jpg

i-MdbW8Ph-L.jpg

i-v6KfP4w-L.jpg

i-JHZqS4P-L.jpg

i-ZKjBs9K-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    Hi Lisa,
    For me, it would be either 1 or 2 simply because for the theme and the name "eye of the storm" they seem to fit better with out the drops. Of those two I think I like #2. It reminds me of the satellite image of a hurricane.
    ne_nau.gif but... that is just MHO.
  • Options
    Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    I really like number two, color and texture are fantastic. I also prefer it without the drops.
  • Options
    SAMBALAMSAMBALAM Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    I agree for this challenge the drops may take away from the picture so my favorite would be #1. Having said that, I would hang number 3 up in my house. So clean and simple. Well done!!!!
  • Options
    johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    Lisa I agree with what everyone else has said, go without the droplets. I think they're more interesting as stand alone images, but not for this particular theme
  • Options
    PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    OK.. so here's what I've got so far... of these which works best?

i-vkMLs2d-L.jpg

i-hqVdPNN-L.jpg

i-fwmFvPr-L.jpg

i-MdbW8Ph-L.jpg

i-v6KfP4w-L.jpg

i-JHZqS4P-L.jpg

i-ZKjBs9K-L.jpg

My vote would be for number 2 I caught myself staring at it for while. it is intense. Love it
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2012
    Thanks guys... I guess #2 it is... I agree that without the drops it does go more to theme, but you can't blame me for trying to sneek a couple with the spash in there. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    endurodogendurodog Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    I'm going to buck the masses again and say I like #1 the best. All of the others have a texture I can see on the ripples that isn't natural. 1 has a smooth, water, apperance through out the ripples. Great shots.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2012
    endurodog wrote: »
    I'm going to buck the masses again and say I like #1 the best. All of the others have a texture I can see on the ripples that isn't natural. 1 has a smooth, water, apperance through out the ripples. Great shots.

Believe it or not... #1 actually has the most processing on it. The others are almost straight out of the camera...I only cropped and corrected color a tad on the others. I was using a shallow pie pan for these shots and the longer the water was in the pan the more tiny air bubbles formed on the bottom of the pan which actually ended up in the shot.

The color in #2 was even achieved in camera...bouncing flash off blue poster board and setting the WB to tungsten produced that color.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    The only thing that I would add is that I would like to see the horizon straight. By that I mean that if you drew a line through the midpoint from side to side, that line would provide a flat horizon. The tilt somehow disturbs the balance for me.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,277 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    These are incredible...I'm not a fan of the other colors, but the bright blue in #2 is really nice!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    The only thing that I would add is that I would like to see the horizon straight. By that I mean that if you drew a line through the midpoint from side to side, that line would provide a flat horizon. The tilt somehow disturbs the balance for me.

Chris
    Chris,
    I love reading every ones comments because I learn so much. I just learned something of value from you. I went back and looked and you are so right. A tweak with the horizon would make this image give more pop. I honestly did not notice that until you mentioned it. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Darryl
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account