DSS # 97 Deep Eyes

OutsideGirlOutsideGirl Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 26, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
IMG_6103-1.jpg

Comments

• PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    Welcome to the challenges Outside Girl! Lovely shot... but for this challenge the focus needs to be on the eyes and for me, the eyes are lost in this photo.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    Welcome to our little party on the net Outside Girl.

It appears to me that you are on the right track with this entry but need a little tweeking. The wolf has some wonderful eyes. What if you crop in such a way that you take away the bush and brings the wolf and her beautiful eyes to the front so when one looks at your image, we are looking right into the eyes. Think of the emotion we will feel when you do that.

I love nature shots and love them more when you put animals in their natural surroundings. I know you have a contender here with some cropping. I wish you the very best of luck.

Love and Prayers
    Darryl
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • OutsideGirlOutsideGirl Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 26, 2012
    Thanks Pappy!
    I've never done any cropping or editing of my pics. Thanks for the suggestions & tips. I"ll keep playing around & see what I can do.
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    I agree with Darryl. I would crop with the wolf in the bottom left ROT intersection. And perhaps bring up your balck a tad to make it pop.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    My eyes are drawn right away to the wolf's stare...the eyes. I agree, though, that some cropping might make the eyes even more of a focal point.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain