edited March 2, 2012 in People
This model wanted some hard pictures.

DSC8165-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC8284-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC8130-Edit-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    Like the first shot. Second shot is good but I don't get "lumberjack" from him in this shot. Well, maybe if the Village People had a lumberjack; his pose is a bit feminine. I think it's the head tilt. Last one has a lot of smugdies (artifacts) in the BG, especially in the immediate areas around the models.

BTW, Lighting in all are of them are great.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    Like the first shot. Second shot is good but I don't get "lumberjack" from him in this shot. Well, maybe if the Village People had a lumberjack; his pose is a bit feminine. I think it's the head tilt. Last one has a lot of smugdies (artifacts) in the BG, especially in the immediate areas around the models.

BTW, Lighting in all are of them are great.

1st off... I like your lighting & use of Adjust, you have worked them wonderfully ... I see some slight halo artifacts, which I know all to well can be a pain...
    2nd... I agree with all the above... even the Village People thingy.. lol thumb.gif
    Last Shot:... Seems to contrived... your guys pose is ...stiff,,, as is the middle gal...
    ...Your guy doesn't appear to be sitting on anything and his back leg is cut off... ?
    I think if the guy were sitting where the Amazon woman is and in the same pose this would have rocked this shot.
    This seems like it may be a composited shot... is it?
    I really like your stuff... and always enjoy looking...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I think this is a fun idea.
    First is my favorite, if I am nitpicking, if the light had been just a bit more behind him you may have gotten some rim light on the other side of his head. I bet he will love that one.
    Don't love 2 or 3....do you have any others from the set that you can post?
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    zoomer wrote: »
    I think this is a fun idea.
    First is my favorite, if I am nitpicking, if the light had been just a bit more behind him you may have gotten some rim light on the other side of his head. I bet he will love that one.
    Don't love 2 or 3....do you have any others from the set that you can post?

Thanks everybody for viewing, indeed the last one has some issues as it is a composed picture. Strangly enough its a hit on social forums amongst the youngsters. Where as we photographers see all the errors.

i will post a few more from this group as requested.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    I agree that #1 is great. I think part of the issue for #2 is that he seems to have hips forward and shoulders back a little bit. If he had shoulders forward, I think it would look a little more authoritative. On #3... the position of the chainsaw is really... uh... an interesting choice.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    I liike them D3.

I also think the PP on the last one does a great job of conveying the "rock hard" mood you were aiming for.thumb.gif

I do think you should have shown a bit more of the girls in # 2 to convey the full sexiness of the image, but then again, I only shoot girls so I'm obviously biased.mwink.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen