edited February 27, 2012 in People
6933729189_e896172df0_z.jpg
Untitled by SoulfulRecover, on Flickr

:dunno

Comments

• Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Awwww... Do you have any selects where they are touching arms, and perhaps looking at the camera? I'm kind of a freak when it comes to having family members touch. I think it shows an intimate connection. I realize not all families are like that, so not criticizing at all. Just thought I'd ask.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I've always found looking down shots like this to be confusing or to busy for my eyeballs... Their hands & positioning are nice... I too would rather them looking into the camera & think that would have saved this shot for me... I'm also fairly certain the one on the bottom won't like her armpit... But hey... Nice exposure ;)
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Thanks for the comments

I do have quite a bit of other pictures of them touching/looking at the camera and just about every variation. Unfortunately it was a pretty big failure in my eyes. There were two other photos I was really hoping would turn out and on one the DoF is off enough that its bothersome. When out shooting and looking at the picture on my camera I didnt notice it other wise I would have changed some setting around. The other picture the exposure is quite harsh. Possible third shot but didnt like the hand placement.

Ill post them up when I get off of work this evening
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Overall I like the picture. They both look happy and pretty, and the lighting and colors are very nice. That being said, there's something about that pose that feels more romantic than sisterly to me, and the bottom girl's hand on her forehead looks odd to me.
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2012
    Thank you! I'm still learning. Shooting people was always the most difficult thing for me to do so I've been trying to push myself outside of my comfort zone. I never would have guessed it would end up being my favorite thing to photograph haha
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2012
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    If you Don't already have it, download LiGhtroom 4 Beta... It's free and you
    Can use it to greatly improve your images. There are many tutorials available on YouTube ... This little program will Change your world.
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    joelbourgoinjoelbourgoin Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    My best image ever in Black & White...
    MG9133-M.jpg:photo
    I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE MY PASSION FOR PHOTOGRAPHY WITH YOU.
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2012
    Cowboydoug wrote: »
    If you Don't already have it, download LiGhtroom 4 Beta... It's free and you
    Can use it to greatly improve your images. There are many tutorials available on YouTube ... This little program will Change your world.

Ill check it out. What about it makes it that much better than photoshop? (other than me not being all that great at it rolleyes1.gif )