C&C Quite pointed

tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
edited March 1, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've just started working on this idea. I'd like to try a variety of colors, fabrics and stitches.

what do you think of my first try?

caf-7918-M.jpg

caf-7931-1-M.jpg

caf-7920-M.jpg

caf-7935-M.jpg

Thanks, Chris
http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
If it's locked... find an open window.

Comments

• PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Great concept... I tried to do something with the eye of the needle but I couldn't make it work. I'm partial to the comp in #2 but I think the needle needs to be lightened up a bit.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    The eye of the needle has it!!! That is clever I must say. Excellent job.clap.gif I really think you are on to something. However what you have here dose not excite me. But, I think you will get there. keep plugging away. I am excited to see what you bring next. Will it be thread color? Fabric? The choices are endless.

Best of luck

Darryl
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Hi Tina,
    I think you need something personal about it. Can you make it about fixing a favorite toy, or about some kind of fabric which will carry meaning? For me, the current versions are too much just about the interpretation of "eye" without conveying any meaning as a photo. Place the needle and thread and fabric in a context of meaning, and then let the eye of the needle come through as an "incidental" and I think you are onto something very cool here.
    -Brian
    The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com
  • kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I like the concept, I do not like the fabric mesh, I find it distracting from the needle, maybe shoot it on black or try a context story idea as Brian mentioned.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited February 27, 2012
    I agree with the advice you are getting. I had also thought of this take on the theme - along with several others - and I'm glad to see you tackling it!
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I agree with all. I had literally 5 minutes to shoot last night and thought I'd at least get the concept out there for vetting. I do have some ideas about fabric and subject which I will try to find time for this week.

I have another needle idea to bring to you, too.

Stay tuned.

Thanks, for the feedback.

chris

• kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I love your idea! I agree this photo needs a bit of context, without taking away from the needle....what about sewing a button onto something, just in the background?
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • SAMBALAMSAMBALAM Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    I agree with those above, just not feeling the excitement. Maybe find a way to incorporate something else into it. Maybe focus on the eye of the needle and have a colorful blanket (or whatever you use a needle for) in the background blurry. Or maybe have a hand in the picture. Just some thoughts.
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2012
    Thanks everyone...all good thoughts. I will work on it over the weekend and see what happens!

Chris

• JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    I'm curious as to what you will end up doing with this idea .. nice concept.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6