Smoking Skull

jberenbajberenba Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited February 28, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Anyone have any comments about this one. I just want to know what I'm stirring up.
Critiques always wanted and accepted.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
Joel Berenbaum
http://joelberenbaum.smugmug.com

Comments

• PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Interesting take on theme! thumb.gif It seems a bit soft to me... and I would straighten the candle.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I am really not into skulls. Probably because of my age. So, I would not vote for this one. But, I like how you are thinking. I am sure others might vote for it. I do not believe it will be in the top 5. I wish you the best of luck.

Love & Prayers
    Darryl
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I like this image, eye is not the first thing I think of though, it makes me think vigil, ceremony, or something else along those lines.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    What if the light was inside the skull somehow--the light shining out of the eye? Don't know if that's possible, but that would make the eye front and center of this image.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    I agree that this one is not so much about the eye... the negative space seems to be pretty interesting, though.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • SAMBALAMSAMBALAM Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    I kinda like it. I think my eyes were drawn to the eye area and I think it is a unique take on the challenge. Good Job!