Options

Archie - 9 days old

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited February 28, 2012 in People
Over the past few months I've done 2 maternity sessions with the parents of Archie so it was lovely to get to photograph him at 9 days old.

I wouldn't say this was the easiest baby shoot I've done, he doesn't like to lay down alone, he is much happier wrapped up tight. This meant that a few shots we really would have liked didn't happen, including those with Dad as he just balled his little eyes out :(

Mum and dad are still happy with the shots and I'm looking forward to the 3 month shoot to see what we can bring out then.

Archie-0001_std.jpg

2 A sneeze.....
Archie-0003_std.jpg

Archie-0005_std.jpg

Archie-0006_std.jpg

Archie-0008_std.jpg

Archie-0009_std.jpg

Archie-0010_std.jpg

Archie-0013_std.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Overall I think these are nice pictures and I'm sure the parents are very happy. My biggest critique is that by propping his head up in the 1st two shots, you make him look tense and uncomfortable. If he was flat on his back with his head facing you (and you were to shoot at his level), I think he'd look more comfortable and his chin wouldn't be pressed into his chest. The guitar case shots are interesting. I'm not really into props, but I assume that mom and/or dad is a guitarist, so they make some sense. However, I think the angles are little awkward, particularly #7 (I would've shot with the case straight across the frame and with the guitar behind the case, not in the foreground where it takes too much prominence).
  • Options
    innershellinnershell Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    Although technically brilliant, the guitar case shots make it look like the baby is in a casket. If the baby was awake and sort of sitting in it, it wouldn't look as morbid. Anybody else feel the same?