Still there

2»

Comments

• sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    The-Old-Guitarist.jpg

Ah, this takes me back a ways. I think it was on my wall when I was in high school (40+ years ago).

Your point must be - see? cold tones work, and sometimes even the masters used this technique.

Gee - I go away for awhile, come back, and see the bickering is still going on. ugh.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 4, 2012
    sara505 wrote: »
    Ah, this takes me back a ways. I think it was on my wall when I was in high school (40+ years ago).
    I had it on my wall in college. :D The original is in the Art Institute of Chicago. I took art classes there for a number of years when I was a kid and spent many hours looking at it. That and Hopper's Nighthawks, which has a strong yellow cast. I thought they were magical.
    Your point must be - see? cold tones work, and sometimes even the masters used this technique.
    Precisely. I'm sure BD knows how to change color balance and would have done so if he had wanted. A cast can be a decision, not a defect.
    Gee - I go away for awhile, come back, and see the bickering is still going on. ugh.
    rolleyes1.gif
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    I've always enjoyed a lot of Pablo's work, Richard -- that one too. Hopper is my favorite painter, and Nighthawks probably is my favorite painting. But changing the subject isn't an effective way to deal with the question. Some things are effective in painting that don't come off well in photography: color shifts and linear perspective distortions for example.