Cemetery

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited November 3, 2005 in Holy Macro
Just a couple of shots that show why my wife is scared of the cemetery.

Barili_5681.jpg

And this one... I swear that there was smoke coming out that the shot did not catch. I guess a burning candle had dropped inside but lets not consider what was actually smouldering...
Barili_5674.jpg
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Cemetery's
    cmr164 wrote:
    Just a couple of shots that show why my wife is scared of the cemetery.
    And this one... I swear that there was smoke coming out that the shot did not catch. I guess a burning candle had dropped inside but lets not consider what was actually smouldering...

Hi there cmr1......... a smoking gravesite hu? those holes they dig are really deep, maybe it was a candle that had fallen into it, or a discarded cigarette butt ?? or just a temperature difference creating that mist appearance??? just guessing I have no idea why it would appear to be smoking.

I hope the head stone in your image is broken from just age/weathering, and not because someone damaged it.

........ taking a walk through a cemetery can be a very informative outing...... I walked through a really old country cemetery one time and stopped to read the tomb stones, I was really stunned that so many had not lived very long lives at all, and couldn't help but wonder what had happened to them.

The older areas of the cemetery had some amazing statues, I remember one that had an Aeroplane Propeller on the front of it, and yep that person had been a pilot during his life time......... I noticed the Italians went all out with their use of marble, and figurines on their grave sites.

What I think is really sad in these places is how the youth of today have no respect for such places and the vandalization that goes on is appauling, smashing headstones, removing ornaments, etc ... you have to wonder how they get a thrill out of doing this ne_nau.gif .

Thanks for sharing.. I bet you go back and see if the grave is still smoking :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there cmr1......... a smoking gravesite hu? those holes they dig are really deep, maybe it was a candle that had fallen into it, or a discarded cigarette butt ?? or just a temperature difference creating that mist appearance??? just guessing I have no idea why it would appear to be smoking.
    Candle. but smoking long past time.

I hope the head stone in your image is broken from just age/weathering, and not because someone damaged it.
    Probably from someone stepping on it. You have to walk on the
    stones to get from point to point
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    What I think is really sad in these places is how the youth of today have no respect for such places and the vandalization that goes on is appauling, smashing headstones, removing ornaments, etc ... you have to wonder how they get a thrill out of doing this ne_nau.gif .QUOTE]

hey now. i happen to be 14. you don't see me going out Smashing up pumpkins. and grave-sites.umph.gif ... lol. but i know some people who do.:uhoh

i'd rather take pictures of them... but thats just me.:D

-daniel-
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Good For You Daniel
    DanielB wrote:
    Skippy wrote:
    What I think is really sad in these places is how the youth of today have no respect for such places and the vandalization that goes on is appauling, smashing headstones, removing ornaments, etc ... you have to wonder how they get a thrill out of doing this ne_nau.gif .QUOTE]

hey now. i happen to be 14. you don't see me going out Smashing up pumpkins. and grave-sites.umph.gif ... lol. but i know some people who do.:uhoh

i'd rather take pictures of them... but thats just me.:D

-daniel-
    Stick to taking photos :D ...... where's your Halloween Shots ??
    You got any to post ??? Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Stick to taking photos :D ...... where's your Halloween Shots ??
    You got any to post ??? Skippy (Australia)
    me??rolleyes1.gif I'll start posting as soon as i get my 10D. clap.gif ...which it is appearing will take me around a month to save up the money...:cry

but i suppose i could take some with my point and shoot...

-daniel-

beer.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com