i-szjg73g-XL.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    She has gorgeous eyes! They do look a little out of focus, though. If you can get her to pose for you again, really try nailing the focus on the eyes. Also, it looks like flash might have been used... see if you can get her near window light instead. Wonderful subject for this challenge :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    She has gorgeous eyes! They do look a little out of focus, though. If you can get her to pose for you again, really try nailing the focus on the eyes. Also, it looks like flash might have been used... see if you can get her near window light instead. Wonderful subject for this challenge :)

hmmmm The focus looks fine to me as far as I can tell ...Not sure what you're seeing that is not in focus? Hows this... Also, the light is disfused bounced light...

i-VsxMDvj-XL.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012
    Now that I've been looking at this one next to the other one I can see what you were talking about. This one looks better to me.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    I agree that it seems just a tad out of focus... or rather the eyes aren't as sharp as they could be. Also, to me... the eyes look strange... there is practically no detail in them which probably also gives off the illusion of being out of focus.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    I agree that it seems just a tad out of focus... or rather the eyes aren't as sharp as they could be. Also, to me... the eyes look strange... there is practically no detail in them which probably also gives off the illusion of being out of focus.

That's as good as it gets, I think, because that's what her eyes really look like. They are almost a solid dark brown and you can barely see her pupils in the center if at all! It was difficult to get them to show any detail at all, but the reflected light helped with that some. Most of the time I can't even see her pupils because her irises are so dark dark brown ... some days I swear her eyes are black. It's my 3yr old granddaughter, btw.

I just went to look at all of her other photos, and her eyes are even darker in those with no kind of iris detail at all. Her eyes are nearly black w/o a light on them. My second image shows just a bit of the brown dividing between her pupil, but that's the only time I've actually seen her pupils this clearly. Laughing.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012
    ONE more try .. I'm having a heck of a time getting her irises and pupils correct because I'm editing via 2 different computers and neither monitor looks like the other one.

The brown iris is dark brown with a black center and it's in focus on my laptop monitor. How's it look on other monitors if you guys don't mind me bugging you? I really want to get her eyes right. :D

i-MZTkJkp-XL.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    I believe the eyes are in focus, but they are milky in general. The left eye has a slight white reflection that almost looks like a hair. Most of the time eyes are detailed/enhanced, but I feel you are simply trying to keep them as real as you actually see them.

I like the second edit better than the last.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012
    I believe the eyes are in focus, but they are milky in general. The left eye has a slight white reflection that almost looks like a hair. Most of the time eyes are detailed/enhanced, but I feel you are simply trying to keep them as real as you actually see them.

I like the second edit better than the last.

You like the second edit better? I have 2 images I uploaded to the challenge page... the first one I marked delete.. the second one is the same one you said you like better here... So that one should stay in the challenge gallery? :)

hmm .. her eyes are reflecting something in the room... I can remove it .. would that be better?
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012
    I'm torn between these two... which one is better? :)

i-MZTkJkp-L.jpg

#5 (this is a photo I haven't edited before, so it's new)
    i-Vp4chPd-L.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    #4... I focus more on her eyes in that one.
    You have come so far since that first picture you entered of this beautiful little girl. I love these, and she has beautiful eyes.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012
    dnie wrote: »
    #4... I focus more on her eyes in that one.
    You have come so far since that first picture you entered of this beautiful little girl. I love these, and she has beautiful eyes.

Thanks Donna... I should have waited to upload my entry, but I thought I had the editing done. Between my laptop and my work pc, the monitor colors are very different. If I lean my laptop monitor at a certain angle it's perfect color, but if the angle is off by just a little bit the color is too. I should have checked it on my work monitor before I uploaded it.

You vote for #4 .. I'll wait and see if I get more people leaning that way before I upload a final image to the gallery. :D
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2012
    ok... sorry .. one more try.. I figured out a way to enhance the eyes and I'm kind of excited about it...

Which one is better?

#5 Enhanced:
    i-NNgZcZg-L.jpg

or

#4 Not Enhanced:

i-MZTkJkp-L.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2012
    My son and I agreed, enhanced. :)
    Looks good, you can see the color and distraction between pupil and iris without them looking blah as before... But I like both really. I get the fact that her eyes are soooo deeply brown that you don't see the difference.
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2012
    dnie wrote: »
    My son and I agreed, enhanced. :)
    Looks good, you can see the color and distraction between pupil and iris without them looking blah as before... But I like both really. I get the fact that her eyes are soooo deeply brown that you don't see the difference.

Thanks Donna! :D I don't think I am going to try any more of these. This is the best one of all of them, I think, anyway. Laughing.gif:D
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)