Exotic Eyes #97

GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
edited February 28, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I attended a "reptile" birthday party so captured a few possibilities for this challenge. I can see they are a bit grainy but not sure how I could improve that. (suggestions?) It was indoors, through glass, handheld, no flash allowed using my fastest lens-Tamron 60mm and I'm afraid my camera doesn't fair that well at higher ISO. Anyway, I thought they were pretty cute regardless and fun to photograph. Do they work for this challenge? Thanks for looking, GP
1. Tree Frog
Frog4IMG5797-L.jpg

2. Water Dragon
dragonIMG5830-L.jpg

3. White Snake
SnakeIMG5906-L.jpg

Comments

• OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    #1 seems to have lost a lot of detail within whatever might be in focus, and it has a lot of shake blur. Not a keeper IMO

#2 is a great pose but a bit blurry. It looks OK at the size it's at and would make a good 4x6, but any larger and it'd lose technical quality and amplify the blur

#3 Looks great, and I'd say this one is a keeper and could be printed larger. By far the best one of the 3 for a contest.

As for the noise, Topaz Denoise, Nik Dfine 2.0, and Noiseware are supposedly the best 3, but they all cost money. Photoshop does just OK if you have nothing else. Pic #3 has very low noise, so I wouldn't worry about it for that one.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    Very nice all - #3 is the most powerful to me.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    Thanks for the critique and info on the various plug-ins. I've heard of them, but haven't ventured into all that yet. As it is I'm just new to Photoshop Elements and I'm really wanting to learn more post processing so, if I have to lay out money for any post-processing stuff I appreciate suggestions on those add-ons that people have found useful. GP
  • jberenbajberenba Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    i like number 2 but it needs noise reduction. that eye just pops!
    Critiques always wanted and accepted.
    Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
    Joel Berenbaum
    http://joelberenbaum.smugmug.com