First Shot With A Macro Lens

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited March 4, 2012 in Holy Macro
A friend of mine loaned me his 100mm macro lens. Haven't really had a chance to do a lot with it yet... but I love how this came out. He may never get his lens back!

Tulip Petals
Macro-Shots-008-Edit-copy-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited March 2, 2012
    Hi Lisa , yes macro is adictive :D

like use of dof and focal point, would like to see colour version also as comparison :)
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    Hi Lisa , yes macro is adictive :D

like use of dof and focal point, would like to see colour version also as comparison :)

I'll have to upload the color version when I get home tonight. :) Yes, I feel a new obsession coming on... Laughing.gif
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    edited March 2, 2012
    The color version:

i-WtFwLk2-L.jpg
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    Nice capture- prefer the colour version
    Brian v.
  • PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Lisa,
    May I just say that you are one lucky lady!!! I want a macro lens to borrow!! :rambo Laughing.gif

I really love what you did. Gorgeous. Keep them coming I know we all will love what you will have to show us. Great job thumb.gif
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • underbunderb Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Your photos are great. My husband and I have various lens but the 100mm is our favorite for flowers and butterflies. I am trying to learn how to use my 1:5 for extreme close-ups but must admit it is very difficult. If you continue to use the borrowed lens I have no doubt that you will also purchase one for your own use. They are great!

http://www.shutterflutterphotos.com/
    edited March 4, 2012
    underb wrote: »
    Your photos are great. My husband and I have various lens but the 100mm is our favorite for flowers and butterflies. I am trying to learn how to use my 1:5 for extreme close-ups but must admit it is very difficult. If you continue to use the borrowed lens I have no doubt that you will also purchase one for your own use. They are great!

http://www.shutterflutterphotos.com/

This will definitely be my next lens... just have to finish paying off the new camera first. :)