Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited April 13, 2012 in House of Canon
ITEM IS SOLDSo, this is more FT than FS. I've made this decision at work, so I can't post a pic at the moment, but this is for a used copy of the Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L.

The reason I say it is more for trade is the following:

This lens has the ball-bearing issue that has been mentioned before in various forums. Essentially, from time to time, something goes awry with this lens, and you will need to tilt it down and back up again for it to AF correctly. This never occurs while you're holding the lens up, so, for example, you're shooting some action and are moving the lens left/right, or even up and down. As long as the movement up or down isn't dramatic nothing is affected.

I realize this is an odd post. I love this lens, despite its current problem, but I want to see if someone would be interested in trading something for this lens, which they might like to get repaired, rather than trying to sell it with the caveat of malfunction. I just don't use it a great deal anymore.

Some things I would be interested in:

- 5D
- Canon 50mm f/1.4
- Canon 85mm f/1.8
- Strobes

I realize that's a pretty wide gamut. I'm just putting this out there...I don't expect much response on it, but if you are interested, feel free to PM me or respond here, and thanks!!

I'd be willing to sell the lens as is for $650.

ITEM IS SOLD

Comments

• Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    Friendly bump, no longer interested in trade for a 50mm f/1.4, because I own one now, but I'm still very interested in a trade for a 5D (cash from my end) or any iteration of the 70-200mm within reason of this trade. Once again, the lens is in working condition, it just has this issue. I recently did a model shoot with it, and the AF only acted up once during the entire time. Here are some sample shots...no need to critique my mediocrity haha.

i-n8pXrNm-XL.jpg

i-B844Bhz-XL.jpg
  • jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    Friendly bump, no longer interested in trade for a 50mm f/1.4, because I own one now, but I'm still very interested in a trade for a 5D (cash from my end) or any iteration of the 70-200mm within reason of this trade. Once again, the lens is in working condition, it just has this issue. I recently did a model shoot with it, and the AF only acted up once during the entire time. Here are some sample shots...no need to critique my mediocrity haha.

i-n8pXrNm-XL.jpg

i-B844Bhz-XL.jpg
    what is your bottom $$ ?
    edited April 10, 2012
    PM sent.
    edited April 13, 2012
    item is sold