Options

DSS 97 net perspective - eyes have it

Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
edited March 5, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I figured that rather opt for a setup shot, I'd fire up a work-related photo - one of those "instant-then-gone" moments ... senior basketball player removing the last of a net post-championship victory. I'm not happy with the flash shadow, but I think it's a technical flaw that is over-ridden, to a degree, by the framing/composition on the fly in a PJ setting.
Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    My comments are from the perspective of the challenge and not on the PJ merit of the image.

The point of focus seems to be on her hands and not on her eyes, which of course is our current theme. The yellow ladder distracts me away from the subject. I agree that the flash is too much for this image.

Overall, if I didn't know the topic of the challenge, this image wouldn't say eyes to me.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2012
    My comments are from the perspective of the challenge and not on the PJ merit of the image.

The point of focus seems to be on her hands and not on her eyes, which of course is our current theme. The yellow ladder distracts me away from the subject. I agree that the flash is too much for this image.

Overall, if I didn't know the topic of the challenge, this image wouldn't say eyes to me.

Chris

Yeah, yer right. I think it's a competent shot for the setting, but not the challenge. I'll adapt accordingly.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2012
    Alas, I am housebound (PictureWife mangled her leg) so I have a limited range of topic matter ...
  • Options
    SAMBALAMSAMBALAM Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    I love cats so I think it is a cute picture. However, I am confused by the background. If you are going to include that much of a background, I would make something more recognizable or completely blurred out. I am still trying to figure out what it is. It might also help if we saw what the cat was looking at. Just a thought. Pretty cat :)
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    Funny, I did the same thing a couple months ago at a Thanksgiving Tourney, thankfully my flashes were on the other side of the court so I had to shoot natural light..

IMG2775-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2012
    Much better theme-suited capture. I think I'lm just going to have to give this one a pass... lack of out-and-about means insufficient time to capture entries. Now, if the next category is "wife at home with busted leg," I'm a shoo-in.