[PJ] - Arun Ghandi

RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited March 3, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Arun Gandhi, the fifth grandson of Mohandas Gandhi, came to Salt Lake City this week. I don't normally comment on subjects, but in this case I feel inclined to make an exception. Speakers usually want to leave events like these as soon as is socially appropriate. Mr Ghandi had been at it all day, yet he stayed almost a full hour after the event. He gave every person as much time as they wanted to chat or take pictures, even those there to protest. I was one of the last to leave with him as we walked in to a snow storm in the dark. He looked exhausted, yet there was not a peep of complaint. I could make out a faint smile on his face. I wouldn't have dreamt of taking a picture. It was a private moment.

I was the secondary shooter and did my best to add a bit of "color" to the selection. I don't have the primary shooter's images to show you.

C&C always welcome, if you feel so inclined.

i-dtvmmcb-M.jpg

i-CQGJQFp-M.jpg

i-MbvhCkj-M.jpg
Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
Website | Galleries | Utah PJs

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    Well he has a lot more hair than his grandfather... :D

Just a comment on a snap. I like the inclusion of the heads in #1. Its gives the context of crowd. Did you consider cropping out the glare (lower left) and centering the subject?

Sounds like you enjoyed the talk... good.
    Rags
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2012