Barn swallows, or grumpy old men?

CalhounerCalhouner Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited March 5, 2012 in Wildlife
Hi all. I can't even call myself a new photographer, since what I do now is simply point and shoot and hope for the best. In the coming months/years I hope to glean as much knowledge as I can, and do some real photography. I live in an unspoiled wildlife haven on the banks of the Illinois River, where bald eagles literally nest in our yards. So subject matter should not be a problem.

Here is a shot I took last year on my veranda with a Panasonic point and shoot. I also have a Sony DSLR that I hope to figure out soon.

P1010131.jpg

Comments

• PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Welcome to the wildlife forum! How lucky you are to live where you do. I like your photo, and more than half the battle is figuring out what will make a good photo. Grumpy old men for sure! Best, Pam
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    As a professional grumpy old man I can safely say that the barn swallow ID is correct. Good capture and welcome to the forum.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"