Untitled

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited March 11, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Very nice. In fact it may just be your best. The interplay of the woman with the two paintings - a photo and a painting? - is wonderful, and the curve of the shadows draws it together beautifully. For what it's worth, I would boost the contrast a bit, darkening the shadows. But that's me.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    What BD said, Mole. Except for the contrast. I'd leave it alone.The light's harsh, and if you go any higher you're probably going to blow out the framed and unframed text on the wall. I'd want to see the picture in a larger format before I could be sure. Good shooting!
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Contrast Boost
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Very nice. In fact it may just be your best. The interplay of the woman with the two paintings - a photo and a painting? - is wonderful, and the curve of the shadows draws it together beautifully. For what it's worth, I would boost the contrast a bit, darkening the shadows. But that's me.
    Thank you! Its worth a great deal to me .
    RSL wrote: »
    What BD said, Mole. Except for the contrast. I'd leave it alone.The light's harsh, and if you go any higher you're probably going to blow out the framed and unframed text on the wall. I'd want to see the picture in a larger format before I could be sure. Good shooting!

Yes the light was harsh, I did boost the contrast a bit, not much ,but I did drop down the mid tones,and highlights. What do you think ?
    sara505 wrote: »
    Good one.
    Its nice to here from you again ! Thank you for looking and for your comments,much appreciated.

i-DrTHNQR-L.jpg
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    I like the above version better.
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Yeah. I agree with Ben. But, again, if it were mine I'd hate to make a decision until I could see it large, possibly even after a couple test prints. It's definitely a wall print, Mole.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    One of the top images I've seen here, lens. Bravo.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 5, 2012
    Excellent. clap.gif
    edited March 5, 2012
    bfjr wrote: »
    I like the above version better.
    Thank you! for the feedback Ben.
    RSL wrote: »
    Yeah. I agree with Ben. But, again, if it were mine I'd hate to make a decision until I could see it large, possibly even after a couple test prints. It's definitely a wall print, Mole.
    This is good advice, Thank you Russ
    Quincy T wrote: »
    One of the top images I've seen here, lens. Bravo.
    Thank you very much! Quincy.
    Richard wrote: »
    Excellent. clap.gif
    Thank you! Richard.

wings.gif
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2012
    Great image. FYI...I like the second one better. Where was this taken...just noticed the nude on the wall?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited March 10, 2012
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Great image. FYI...I like the second one better. Where was this taken...just noticed the nude on the wall?

Thank you for your comments and feedback. It was an art show at a community center .
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    Thank you for your comments and feedback. It was an art show at a community center .

I join the rest! clap.gifclap