Options

College Basketball Pictures from Quebec

vince71vince71 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited March 5, 2012 in Sports
Hi All!

The college that I'm the Athletic Director at played in our provincial play-offs this weekend. I also take pictures for the teams. Here are a few shots for C/C.

1)
0310035-M.jpg

2)
0310069-M.jpg

3)
0310142-M.jpg

4)
0312020-M.jpg

5)
0312042-M.jpg

6)
0312133-M.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

Vince

Comments

• Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    My thoughts as a photojournalist working for a news outlet...

#1, while the action would be good, the lack of a face kills the shot... People want to see faces.

#2, I like as an action shot, but the kid behind going for the block, I only see half of him. :(

#3, No Ball. It's hard to see a shot without a ball in the picture, regardless of if you know it's basketball or not.

#4, Works, but again, I'd almost like to see the defender to the left of the shooter as well, not just his arm sticking into the frame

#5, Pretty much same as #4 here, a head would be nice on the defender

#6, I like the action.. I just don't like the background. The light rails back there really create a lot of chaos around his head.. I blame that one on that crappy rail color. :P

In general, while I like to crop tight, these may be a bit too tight that you are only getting the shooter. With basketball you need some context too, shooter plus defender trying to block the shot, etc.

HTH? :)

Jim
  • Options
    vince71vince71 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    Thanks Jim,

I'll try to crop as you suggested. Any advice helps! :-)

Vince