Options

Bcnh...

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited March 12, 2012 in Wildlife
...in flight

BCNHinflight-XL.jpg

...here is a new edit from a 2008 shot at Horicon Marsh in Wisconsin.

For those of you who may be wondering why I haven't been around...I've been having a lot of problems with my vision. After considerable concern and anxiety and misdiagnosis, it turns out that many years ago I was fitted wth a prescription that was too strong. The eye strain finally got to me. Other physical problems were also messing with me....doctors!:splat

I am now hopeful that this will be a year like so many that I have previously enjoyed.:wink

In my backyard by the feeders this morning were the first Red-winged Blackbird and Blackbird of the year. A couple of Robins, some finches and sparrows were also present. Just as I was watching a small bird came zooming by the feeders and all took off.....I instantly thought "Hawk!...Hawk!" and wouldn't you know it a Cooper's swooped down and perched by the feeders. No time to retrieve the gear for a shot...just an enjoyable experience that reminded me of what I've been missing.

Comments

• Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK, RIC, AND WITH A GREAT FUTURE OUTLOOK, TOO! Best, Pam
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    Ric get that shoot eek7.gif I know what you are saying age is a pain in the ____ Good luck thumb.gif now that is a nice shot but clean that bill and fill the hole in the wing:D rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    Nice shot, Ric. Hope you're feeling better and get back busy posting some images.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    )utstanding capture Ric. clap.gif

I really missed you around here and I hope you will be hanging around again. Best wishes for a successful resolution of your health issues.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2012
    Thanks Pam, Jeff, Dan and Harry. :D
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2012
    Good to have you back!
    Beautiful Black-crowned night heron as well!

Thanks! :D