#97-Last Minute Entry

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,209 Major grins
edited March 5, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I didn't think I was going to make this one, but I managed a last minute entry! Yippee! I had an idea almost immediately....I wanted to recreate a shot I took 6 years ago if I could. I have a kitty with gorgeous green eyes that photograph pretty well if you can catch 'em open. (lol) I also have a kitty with beautiful blue eyes and I figured if I couldn't get one, maybe I could get the other. HAHAHAHAHA......neither one of my beauties wanted to cooperate with me, but I kept at it and managed to snag ONE decent shot out of I'm afraid to say how many.

Here it is...Green With Envy (uncropped)
i-BH9TwkD-L.jpg

Cropped:
i-pcVkzn9-L.jpg

I went ahead and entered the cropped version, but of course I am second guessing. I still wish I could have gotten the blue-eyed girl. The only shot I got of her even looking sort of my way was the wrong way to catch the light. Grrr. One of these days I WILL manage to catch her pretty blues, but it wasn't to be this time.

See what I mean? (Momma kitty is the blob in the background.)
i-GsNNKJg-S.jpg

Even though I have already entered the cropped version, any C&C on the green-eyed girl would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sherry

Comments

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 805 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    I really like the cropped version for the challenge. It takes away everything except the eyes, perfect for this topic. The green eyes are mesmerizing against the black fur. I was going to try to recreate a shot I took a year or two ago, and I found that cats aren't the most cooperative models. Rather than have my neighbors think I was strangling one of my cats in the window (the original had one of my cats in the window looking up) I decided to just enter one of the shots they deigned to allow me to take this week.
    ~~Barbara