Options

Canon loyalty program

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited March 7, 2012 in Cameras
i know how the program works, just not sure if they're still doing it... anyone know for sure? i'm looking to upgrade from my 5D to the MkII. no, i'm not trading in my trusty 5D... i have a busted old 30D that i plan to use as the trade-in. wish i could afford the MkIII, but at $3500 and me out of work, that's just not in the budget, and for what i want, the MkII will just about as good. anyway, has anyone bought anything on the loyalty program lately?
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    i know how the program works, just not sure if they're still doing it... anyone know for sure? i'm looking to upgrade from my 5D to the MkII. no, i'm not trading in my trusty 5D... i have a busted old 30D that i plan to use as the trade-in. wish i could afford the MkIII, but at $3500 and me out of work, that's just not in the budget, and for what i want, the MkII will just about as good. anyway, has anyone bought anything on the loyalty program lately?

Canon still has the "loyalty program" but the eligible models changes so you have to call to find out. Don't know about the 5DmkII but the 7D was on the list recently
  • Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    The 5DII isn't on the list of eligible models. Just the 7D and lower models. If you go with the 7D or lower though, I might tyr to sell the 30D for cheap and pick up a broken P&S off ebay for $10-20. Either way, a good deal for the 7D and lower models.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1088761/canon-loyalty-program-faqs-originally-from-potn
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2012
    The 5DII isn't on the list of eligible models. Just the 7D and lower models. If you go with the 7D or lower though, I might tyr to sell the 30D for cheap and pick up a broken P&S off ebay for $10-20. Either way, a good deal for the 7D and lower models.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1088761/canon-loyalty-program-faqs-originally-from-potn

thanks... i know they just dropped the price on the 5D2 refurbs to $1759, and who knows... with the Mk3 out, maybe they'll put the 5D2 on the discount list. as for selling the 30D, can't do that... it took a header off a tripod a couple of years back - tripod fell over, the camera, with a Sigma 80-400 lens on, landed smack on the LCD. if i recall right, the camera still records images okay, but you can't see them, or anything else, on the back. i couldn't sell it, so i've hung onto it hoping i could use it as a trade in on the loyalty program... maybe not.... :(
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com