Options

Adobe Creative Cloud

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited March 6, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
I've seen a little bit about this, and it looks pretty awesome at least for my situation and the wide variety of Adobe products I use, but what are everyone else's opinions?

I currently have the CS4 design premium package, so I'm limited by not being able to work with video until I can save up another lump of cash for a separate suite, which will then overlap the one I've already purchased. It looks like this will have everything I already use, plus stuff I really have been wanting to use for video editing. And doing some quick math, it looks like the price per year will be very close to what I have paid annually in the past for updates (I'm sure they considered that). One thing I did notice though is that it says prices START at $49.99 per month, leaving a looming doubt that they'll be anywhere near that for the products I want to use....

Any thoughts, insights, or inside information? :deal

If you haven't heard of it yet, here's a link: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    I hadn't seen the creative cloud, but you can subscribe to many of the Adobe products now. Recently I needed to set up an extra Premiere system for of couple of months. The rate was $59 a month. The other Adobe products are in that range. If you do an annual subscription instead of monthly you get about a 30% discount.

coldclimb wrote: »
    I've seen a little bit about this, and it looks pretty awesome at least for my situation and the wide variety of Adobe products I use, but what are everyone else's opinions?

I currently have the CS4 design premium package, so I'm limited by not being able to work with video until I can save up another lump of cash for a separate suite, which will then overlap the one I've already purchased. It looks like this will have everything I already use, plus stuff I really have been wanting to use for video editing. And doing some quick math, it looks like the price per year will be very close to what I have paid annually in the past for updates (I'm sure they considered that). One thing I did notice though is that it says prices START at $49.99 per month, leaving a looming doubt that they'll be anywhere near that for the products I want to use....

Any thoughts, insights, or inside information? deal.gif

If you haven't heard of it yet, here's a link: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html