Downloadable Album

AimesReneAimesRene Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited March 7, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
If I would like my customers to be able to download their whole album for free and not be able to purchase any of the prints from that album (I have other albums that they can do their purchasing from), how can I do that?

I'd like there to be an option for them to simply download the whole album at one time and not have to sift through the pricing information. I can't figure out how they can download the whole album at all.

Comments

• LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2012
    AimesRene wrote: »
    If I would like my customers to be able to download their whole album for free and not be able to purchase any of the prints from that album (I have other albums that they can do their purchasing from), how can I do that?

I'd like there to be an option for them to simply download the whole album at one time and not have to sift through the pricing information. I can't figure out how they can download the whole album at all.

You can disable the Buy and View Cart links from any gallery. Just say no to the "printable" question in your Gallery Settings, in the Printing section.

I'm afraid the free gallery download isn't quite as simple. While you can make free downloads easily available, by simply turning off protection in the gallery, and allowing originals to be viewed. Both are in your Gallery Settings, under Security & Privacy. You can also add a Download button in the gallery, if you'd like. See #9 here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=135068

For the entire gallery, you will need to request the zip file link, using the Download All option in your Gallery Tools, and email them the link.

Hope that helps!
    Lindy