Options

#98 New Concept

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited March 9, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK... So, I'm thinking Blue/Orange here... not sure if the blue is blue enough in a couple of these and in the others... maybe not enough blue since I was losing the light and it got too dark. Any of these work well? Can reshoot if this concept is workable.

i-ZwD6NQg-L.jpg

i-3wLGHNP-L.jpg

i-4G2T54C-L.jpg

i-Q5R5nhK-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    Mike BishopMike Bishop Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    The subject here is nice. unfortunately I think anything here is always gonna be about the subject more than the contrast unless you can really crank out some crazy blues with your camera.

New to photography, I actually like this challenge because it gives me the chance to play with my settings and shoot in Jpeg which are things I have not done yet. I still have no Idea how much contrast and saturation the camera will actually give.
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    I like the orange color better at night, If you could get the rest of the sky like the bottom of #3 it would work well for this challenge.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    You're headed n a good direction. I do like the daytime shots and suggest that you try a neutral density filter to deepen the blues of the sky.
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    kwickers wrote: »
    I like the orange color better at night, If you could get the rest of the sky like the bottom of #3 it would work well for this challenge.

The problem I'm having with this concept... is that when the sky is the good blue, the balloon is too dark. By the time they turn on the lights in the balloon... the sky has lost too much of that dusky blue and it's even worse when trying to get the correct exposure on the balloon.

I will definitely pick up a ND filter and see what that does to help...should add one of those to my bag anyway. :) Also have a couple of day trips planned this weekend and next... so we'll see what happens.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com