Options

B-52 in Flight - 1958

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited March 16, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Thought my aviation friends might like this. It's a scan of a slide my dad took in 1958 or 1959 of a B-52 flying over Ramey AFB Puerto Rico. I left the crop so the trees frame the shot even though the jet is small. Still, the shape is distinctive. And, if you do look closely you will see there is no camouflage paint.

Lauren

i-njDNZrC-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    Wow looks like B-52A I have never seen that model in flight.
    Makes me miss working on the buff, thank you for sharing.
    BMW Tech
    Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2012
    You are welcome, RevLine. My dad actually flew tankers but BUFFs were always around since he was in SAC most of his career.

Cheers,
    Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2012
    Lauren, my Dad was a B-52 pilot and we were stationed at Ramey from '68-'70 during his second tour of Viet Nam. Sadly Ramey no longer exists as an Air Force base. It has become an airport and housing development. I can pick out the house that we lived in on Google Earth though. Thanks for sharing the photo. Makes me want to go back to the island for a visit that much more. Loved it while we were there.
    ~ Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2012
    Hey Kevin- My mom and I went back to Ramey a couple of years ago. We found our house, so I have before and after pictures. It was in pretty good shape, although some of the others were not. I could see why my parents liked Ramey so much. We left when I was 1 1/2 years old so naturally I don't remember any of it. We did see the base hospital where I was born--which is now a Marriot hotel. Still looks like the pics of the hospital though. Also went to the Officers Club, which is now a convention center. Again, still looks a lot like the pics.

Glad you liked the pic and got some nice memories. :D

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com