Options

Focus on Imaging, Birmingham NEC, UK

InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited March 14, 2012 in Cameras
This is Europe's biggest photo equipment expo and I attended on Monday. Highlights of the show for me were:

1. Very impressive presentation on the D800 from Nikon. Nikon claims this camera has high ISO noise characteristic on par with the D700 but beyond that, there's some very impressive tech in there. Focusing and metering of the D800 (and D4) look to be best available in the DSLR space.

2. Canon? Sorry Canon but your stand just wasn't as accessible as Nikon's! I would have loved to have taken a look at the 5DIII.

3. The Fuji stand was impressive and had the X100 Pro. I only saw this behind glass but other visitors have reported being able to hold one.

4. Olympus. Ok, I'm an Olympus user so this was the main focus of my visit. Olympus had a nice pair of models on display. They also had a camera but I'll start with the models:

P3053773-XL.jpg

P3053782-XL.jpg

The camera was the diminutive OM-D. It's actually smaller than you might think, and I made a point of snapping it in the hands of one of the professional photographers Olympus had on hand:

P3053828-XL.jpg

Like any photography expo, there were lots of people selling books, snake oil and all manner of equipment. All in all, a nice day out and thankfully, the trains were mostly on time!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    Did you stop and see us at the SmugMug Stand? :D

20120313-pbg35ps61cguxg3jku1axpe2hc.jpg
  • Options
    InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    I did. Not a bad stand at all. I was surprised at how poorly the image storage/presentation services were represented there (the only other one of note I spotted was Zenfolio).