Neighbour's Shed Fire

AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
edited March 12, 2012 in Street and Documentary
My neighbour was out for the night. Not sure what started the fire. I heard quite a few "bangs" and thought it was just someone with fireworks. Went outside to check - fire had taken complete hold. Local volunteer fire fighters could only contain the fire to the shed when they arrived.
My neighbour is a professional fisherman - had just bought new nets and put them in the shed that very afternoon. He had also spent months hand making custom nets - they all went. His son lost his car. The "truck" was saved but only after the firefighters got there and were able to lay down a wall of water so someone could get inside the truck and move it.
Just grateful it was only "things" that were lost. House was safe (and photos!) and his family was safe.

i-8QzQr7t-M.jpg

i-r3LDmPK-M.jpg

i-xhnGJwb-M.jpg

i-m3xrzpG-M.jpg
My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
www.acecootephotography.com

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2012
    the last one says more about the damage caused then all the rest.

I hope your friend can recover.
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2012
    bfjr wrote: »
    the last one says more about the damage caused then all the rest.

I hope your friend can recover.

Yeah ... thanks. Coming home to the fire was a shock for both him and his wife. Takes some time for the reality to hit and eventually accept that it has happened and move on. He says that since the fire, so many times he's gone to get something and realised it's not there anymore.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 12, 2012
    Nice work, especially #2 and #3. Sorry that it had to happen to a neighbor.