Park bench

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
edited March 13, 2012 in Street and Documentary
DSC0071-XL.jpg

I know we have a "no homeless people policy", I hope this doesn't break it. CC's welcome always

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 12, 2012
    Hah! This is just so much better than it would be if there were a homeless person reclining on the bench. Oh, and BTW, there's no policy regarding homeless people shots as such. There just needs to be something more than a bum sleeping on a bench for a shot to be interesting. Or--as you have quite nicely demonstrated--something less.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Hah! This is just so much better than it would be if there were a homeless person reclining on the bench. Oh, and BTW, there's no policy regarding homeless people shots as such. There just needs to be something more than a bum sleeping on a bench for a shot to be interesting. Or--as you have quite nicely demonstrated--something less.

Thanks Richard. I think the key is not to be offensive, in this case I wanted the photo to be a reminder of how lucky most of us are.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    Man that's a nasty looking blanket !
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks Richard. I think the key is not to be offensive, in this case I wanted the photo to be a reminder of how lucky most of us are.

And this, Juano, does that far, far better than the vast majority of pictures of homeless people. It is at once generic, and very personal. It really says 'this could be your bed.' Terrific!
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    Love its simplicity.
    edited March 13, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    And this, Juano, does that far, far better than the vast majority of pictures of homeless people. It is at once generic, and very personal. It really says 'this could be your bed.' Terrific!

Thank you for the encouraging comment BD. wings.gif
    edited March 13, 2012
    sara505 wrote: »
    Love its simplicity.

Thanks Sara, simple is usually better, but often more difficult to capture, don't you think?