Options

lost our travel camera, advice on replacement

muddyrabbitmuddyrabbit Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 12, 2012 in Cameras
At the end of our 2 week moto trip we lost our Fuji Finepix 2950. Not a very "serious" camera I know, but it served our purposes well. Of course the real loss is the pictures of the trip. 2 weeks in Baja, desert riding, whale watching, taco stands, and I even proposed at Coco's Corner. Total bummer.

All that means that we will have to replace the camera though. So, first, full disclosure, I am not a photographer, and not very knowledgeable about cameras. Here is my question, to avoid total loss in the future, and make my life easier, is it possible to get a camera that is either bluetooth or wifi enabled, and set it up to transfer to my Droid phone? Once the pics are on the droid it's a piece of cake to use the Smugmug app to load them to my smugmug account.

Comments

• Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2012
    At the end of our 2 week moto trip we lost our Fuji Finepix 2950. Not a very "serious" camera I know, but it served our purposes well. Of course the real loss is the pictures of the trip. 2 weeks in Baja, desert riding, whale watching, taco stands, and I even proposed at Coco's Corner. Total bummer.

All that means that we will have to replace the camera though. So, first, full disclosure, I am not a photographer, and not very knowledgeable about cameras. Here is my question, to avoid total loss in the future, and make my life easier, is it possible to get a camera that is either bluetooth or wifi enabled, and set it up to transfer to my Droid phone? Once the pics are on the droid it's a piece of cake to use the Smugmug app to load them to my smugmug account.

I'm not sure about cameras that do this (although I wouldn't be surprised if they exist) but check out the Eye-Fi memory cards. They're an SD card with built in wi-fi. http://www.eye.fi/ They even have an android app... http://www.eye.fi/products/android
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • Options
    Merlin_AZMerlin_AZ Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2012
    Yes. Get a camera that is Eye-Fi compatible, and transfer the shots to your phone as a backup.
    On my last trip, I sent my shots to my Android tablet every night as a backup.