Options

Video Package for Local HS

castnerrmcastnerrm Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited March 13, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I have an opportunity to video a local high school's varsity Lacrosse season. They are looking to get DVD's of each game(for parents as well as one for the coach for film review). I already shoot pics for their season so I have to hire someone to do the video work. I am hoping this new exposure will turn into possible highlight films and even more.
My challenge is that I need to generate 2 different options for pricing for this. There are 15 games and there is a potential for anywhere between 10 - 15(maby 20) families wanting a DVD of each game. So, I wanted to get a set price for my time(paying an assistant as well as my time to process and burn DVD's) and possibly a price for just the DVD's and (Hope!!) that many order copies for each game...

Not sure how to price it attractively for the parents but also cover my expenses(assistant and material). I would like a one time up front payment as one option if possible.

Any input appreciated.

Bob

Comments

• Options
    DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    My input? I couldn't imagine paying someone for a DVD of my kid's sports game, unless -maybe- it was a championship. If you're gonna do this, make sure the up-front payment covers what you want, and let the school sell it if they think there's a market for that :X