Sequencing a la Elliott Erwitt

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited March 14, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Andy's post made me look at some of my photos w/ a fresh eye.
I am so busy trying to cull and put only the better version up for viewing that I had not considered the story in a sequence of shots. I started looking at some of my photos to see about any sequences I might have and how they told a story. It was hard to find at first, but once I started digging I really enjoyed myself. I am posting some from the archives but will make sure and keep this in mind when shooting.
Also I only have one street sequence worth posting, I seem to do most of my sequencing in that whole "slices of my life" thing. I think the sequencing is lacking but I find it encouraging that they do tell a story and some are somewhat funny-but I have a ways to go.

Sequence 1
sp-101-L.jpg

sp-100-L.jpg

Sequence 2
1114371122_rorNh-L.jpg

1114376182_RXDEX-L-1.jpg

1114377711_nAgge-L.jpg

1114501943_NZs9Y-L.jpg

Sequence 3
sp-20-L.jpg

sp-21-L.jpg

sp-23-L.jpg

[IMG][/img]
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    Liz, the little ballerina photos are amazing! Especially #4 - Wonderful series, beautifully capturing kids at that stage.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Liz, the little ballerina photos are amazing! Especially #4 - Wonderful series, beautifully capturing kids at that stage.

Thanks B.D.
    It is one of my favorite sets. I enjoyed looking at them in sequence--there is one shot missing though and that's when she took off her top as a last ditch effort to stop the show/torture :). It worked.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    Thanks B.D.
    It is one of my favorite sets. I enjoyed looking at them in sequence--there is one shot missing though and that's when she took off her top as a last ditch effort to stop the show/torture :). It worked.

rolleyes1.gifrofl I remember my daughter at that stage, and (Miss) Posey's School of Dance, above the Sweet Shoppe in Northport, NY. That too was torture - for the parents. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    Yes, your ballerina series is priceless! Last one looks like her head came off and she is trying to put it back on...

The team shot is classic as it seems like every youth baseball team finishes a team shot by degenerating into a ruckus.