cart before the horse?

madmoosemadmoose Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited March 14, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
another newb post. i have my logo design, (in eps file). have say roughly 25-50 images i would want on a new site right now as we speak.. (but really loading it up within the next 4 to 6 months). my current images are mainly landscapes and such, and only a couple portraits.. which in the next 4 to 6 months thats what i would be loading the site with. namely thats what would eventually be my bread and butter advertising, and client base. even though i have sold quite a bit of landscape images that would not be my 100% focus..
so am i jumping the gun or can i get started and add as quickly as i can to promote where i will be aiming. (work in progress). i have no buisness cards done, eventhough i get asked for them. now that i have my logo done i am esentially ready, but i would like to have a website started so folks could at least see what work i have done so far, and progress as soon as i want to throw more images on..

please be super frank about this..i dont really want to stumble along, just like anybody, i would like to get as right as i can the first time :)

would like to keep things simple, and build on it.. have not a clue when it comes to website building and maintenace. willing to learn what is needed but really rather stick to creating images.
i have read alot in all these forums to where my brain is oatmeal and doubting that the world is round:) so i could use a little insight if someone wants to throw it my way.

Comments

• rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    Your SmugMug site is always public, so you are welcome to invite your visitors to view your site at any time. If you want to start showing off your work, what you might want to do is to start off with some basic site customization to add your header image, and you can always add more customization to your site or change the look & feel of your site at any time. You can easily add a header image using our Easy Customizer tool: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93338-easy-customizer---pro

Note, your header image will need to be in jpg, png, or gif format.

Some folks don't want to have visitors come to their site until the customization is done, and others decide to get the photos out there and then tweak things as they go along. Which option you choose is totally up to you :-)
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero