Options

Proofing apps for iPad

dmgabedmgabe Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 14, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Hey all. New to the forum, and can't seem to find any recent posts regarding this topic. Given the release of the "Retina Display" iPad this week, I find that is it now, more than ever, a viable tool for client proofing. However, I can't seem to find any definitive answers about recent applications that aid in this area of the photo business. Would very much appreciate any suggestions about proofing apps available that would allow me to integrate this amazing piece of technology into my business.

Comments

• Options
    TBradleyTBradley Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 14, 2012
    The gallery or "picture" built in app should be more then enough for displaying proofs to a client wouldn't you agree?
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2012
    Not quite enough
    TBradley wrote: »
    The gallery or "picture" built in app should be more then enough for displaying proofs to a client wouldn't you agree?

While the baked in Photos app does a fine job of displaying images, it has no means of annotating anything. I am looking for something more full featured that will allow me to make notes, maybe allow customers to rate photos.

Would absolutely love to see SmugMug deliver an iPad app that not only allows for this level of client proofing, but ties into the online ordering system as well. Let clients browse through and compile their order all from the iPad app while you guide them along the way.

I know there are other ways of doing this, but the iPad brings a lot to the table in terms of impressing a client, and providing a wow factor when clients can browse through their images on such an impressive display with a natural fluid like navigation.
  • Options
    TBradleyTBradley Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 14, 2012
    I see what you mean! I haven't found an APP that can rate images, or that can do it the way I would like it done. SmugMug could definitely do something like that, although I'm not sure they would find it worth their time. SmugMug does have an extensive API so it is not completely out of the realm of possibility to have this developed, but to do so would require a rather significant investment on your part. Great idea, if I do run across anything I will certainly update this thread and let you know!

Cheers
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2012
    Portfolio for iPad is the closest thing I have found so far. AdoramaTV did a review segment on it and seems pretty good but withtout the SmugMug tie in.