DSS98 - First Attempts

lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
edited March 18, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's my first attempts at this. Not sure if the pinks come through very well, as it is such a subtle color & the whites may overpower the pinks, & I don't have anything yet for titles on anything.

Comments & suggestions please!

IMG6424-M.jpg
IMG6056-M.jpg
IMG6041-M.jpg
IMG6343-M.jpg
IMG6305-M.jpg
~Lillian~
A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/

Comments

• kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    I really like #4! Whatever those yellow things are, they're intriguing (as well as sharply focused with great lighting). The purple and yellow dominate the field, and I like the simple black background. I think that your colors in the other photos are too subtle for this challenge, and the focus in #5 is just off of where I would think it should be.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2012
    Thanks Kate - I was afraid the pinks wouldn't stand out enough & I couldn't get a decent shot of them playing with the green & maroon feathers. Anyway, was playing with the macro tube, different light & white balance. And because my watermark was covering a good part of the sponge, I've taken it off since that's the way it will be entered. Better, worse or just different? And I came up with a potential name - is it too awful?

5. Spongebob with Daisy & the Zoas
    i-c6H8mBJ-M.jpg

6. Spongebob with Daisy & the Zoas
    i-VpBCZ6v-M.jpg
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2012
    I think the aquarium in #6 is the best.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • NelsonKNelsonK Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2012
    I like the composition of #6, and the color of #5. They are both great shots.
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,209 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2012
    #6!

I like it!

Sherry