Options

Paul C Buff / Alien Bees Radioremote One Controller and 3 Receivers

DangerchrisDangerchris Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited April 19, 2012 in The Kitchen Sink
Price is $120 with paypal and CONUS shipping included.

Control the power to your Alien Bees, Paul C Buff White Lightenings or Zeus lights. They can also be used as remote flash triggers. I found them to be excellent in controlling power but not as good as Pocket Wizards or my Yongnuo triggers at firing the flashes. Think of them as Remote power adjusters and light controllers to be used with triggers (they might serve as triggers in a pinch).

CMS1109-L.jpg

Reasons to get them.

1. Save money on an assistant.
2. You can change the power on all or some of your lights without losing eye contact with your subject.
3. Not falling from the rafters of a Gymnasium while you are up there adjusting your flash power could save your life.
4. You could operate like Ryan Brenizer http://www.ryanbrenizer.com/2012/02/natalya-sneak-peek-and-workshops-in-dallas-and-d-c/
5. You can't afford a new D4 or 1DX and this would be almost as good.

These are no longer sold by Paul C Buff. They have been replaced by the Cyber Commander ($179) and CyberSync Plus Receivers ($89). Why not just get the Cybercommander and 3 Cybersync plus receivers, because they would cost you $450.

They are in great shape and include the telephone controller cords, screwdrivers (2) for adjusting the banks and channels andAC power packs, they could be left in remote locations or in a studio and never need batteries, and then you can put batteries in them for being out in the field.

I have a stylish bag to put them. There is an extra receiver that is not reliable, you can have it at no cost ( marked with the question mark in the pictures).

Some light reading to see how awesome they might be.

http://www.paulcbuff.com/manuals/rr1.pdf

CMS1110-L.jpg

CMS1111-S.jpg
---
Chris
www.chrisskrod.com Portfolio site for Portrait Photography
www.chrisskrod.smugmug.com My general photo sharing site.
www.instagram.com/chrisskrod Instagram

Comments