Options

#98 Some more shots

travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
edited March 17, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please tell me what you think about these?

i-dkMLk3J-L.jpg

i-qQQT8Rr-L.jpg

i-s3C4TLd-L.jpg

I can re-shoot this column

... and this that of course I cannot re-shoot :)

i-DKPHVFh-L.jpg
Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
VegasGreatAttractions.com
Travelways.com

Comments

• Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2012
    The contrast in color is subtle in 1 - 3 (muted tones) I like them. I do not like the flash shadow, and would prefer to see this shot even closer. #4 is a great shot with contrasting colors.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2012
    kwickers wrote: »
    The contrast in color is subtle in 1 - 3 (muted tones) I like them. I do not like the flash shadow, and would prefer to see this shot even closer. #4 is a great shot with contrasting colors.

Thank you :)

The shadow is not from the flash - there is a window in that room on the left side of the column, the only source of natural light there.

- I can turn the lights on but this will change the colors on the column.

- I can go maybe when it will be no sun outside and use my own (external) flash pointed to the ceiling -I'm an amateur and don't have other lighting studio equipment, neither the knowledge of using it...

I can go back today and take a closer shot though - thank you for the suggestion! thumb.gif
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2012
    I found another in the meantime :)

What do you think about this?

i-KKBTSNr-L.jpg
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2012
    I really like #2 on your other thread, even with the little spots of other colors at the edges. Otherwise, the column is nice - I like it but doesn't wow me, maybe it's the subtleness of the contrasting greens. Normally I'm not a super fan of street shots, but I really like the two ladies, especially with the reds in the background - it's like they dressed for this challenge!! That shot has nice focus, DOF & good detail in the foreground, especially with the back-lighting from the sun. The tennis shoes & jeans are a great contrast, but I'm not thrilled with the comp on this shot. The colors almost jump off the page & are very eye-catching - are they available for re-shoot?
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2012
    lkbart wrote: »
    I really like #2 on your other thread, even with the little spots of other colors at the edges. Otherwise, the column is nice - I like it but doesn't wow me, maybe it's the subtleness of the contrasting greens. Normally I'm not a super fan of street shots, but I really like the two ladies, especially with the reds in the background - it's like they dressed for this challenge!! That shot has nice focus, DOF & good detail in the foreground, especially with the back-lighting from the sun. The tennis shoes & jeans are a great contrast, but I'm not thrilled with the comp on this shot. The colors almost jump off the page & are very eye-catching - are they available for re-shoot?

Thank you Lillian,

No, the shoes are not available for a re-shoot - it was just another candid shots in the park... :)

Yes, I was afraid the the colors of the column are a little too fade.

The #2 photo from the other thread however, I'm thinking now that I wouldn't vote for it if it was posted by someone else - I find it just... hmmm: nothing special, even though the colors are good :)

It remains the one with the 2 ladies - yes, was surprised to see them there, dressed with the same colors and wearing those read bags in addition - indeed it's like they came there for my shot rolleyes1.gif

Well, if I don't find anything else more exciting, I'll go with the turquoise ladies -

Again thank you so much for your comments :)
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2012
    I found another in the meantime :)

What do you think about this?

i-KKBTSNr-S.jpg

FWIW - I really like the saturation and boldness of the colors here. Good eye!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2012
    Thank you so much Bill :)

I actually like it too...

I was lucky that the guy was so nice to stay in the same position for a lot of shots I took, trying to get the crispier color contrast and focus :)

Yes, this is my fav. of all the trials I made for this challenge so far. Thank you very much for the encouragement thumb.gif
    Travelways.com