Hard Knock Life

Mike BishopMike Bishop Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited March 19, 2012 in Street and Documentary
HardknockLife.jpg

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2012
    Looks like a hip shot Mike; focus point on the building?
    Rags
  • Mike BishopMike Bishop Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2012
    Not sure what happened to the AF as the 7D really don't miss. Think I let myself get off-guard. While I like this one for what it's worth, it bums me out for what it isn't. How can I find the focus point in Lightroom?
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2012
    What ƒ stop did you use. Maybe you had too shallow a DOF? Lightroom can't show Focus Points form proprietary raw files.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 17, 2012
    How can I find the focus point in Lightroom?
    I'm not sure that's possible with LR--I know it isn't with ACR. You can use the Canon-supplied ZoomBrowser utility though. Keep in mind that if you lock focus and recompose, the focus point display will be misleading.
    edited March 17, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's possible with LR--I know it isn't with ACR. You can use the Canon-supplied ZoomBrowser utility though. Keep in mind that if you lock focus and recompose, the focus point display will be misleading.

That is understandable. I didn't even take the time to recompose this shot though. guess I'll just drop the focus point idea. Will keep in in mind on my camera in the future though.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2012
    A couple thoughts - first, you should easilly be able to figure out the point of focus by simply looking at the original file at 50% or larger. Second, I think the pof is the kid near the center with the giant fro - as it should be. Finally, I'd take this back into LR and do some screening on th girl disappearing down the 'rabbit hole,' and I would work on the overall tonality to produce the very best version of this I could - I think it's worth the effort; it has a wonderful quality to it.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    I like photos with layers to them.
    edited March 19, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    A couple thoughts - first, you should easilly be able to figure out the point of focus by simply looking at the original file at 50% or larger. Second, I think the pof is the kid near the center with the giant fro - as it should be. Finally, I'd take this back into LR and do some screening on th girl disappearing down the 'rabbit hole,' and I would work on the overall tonality to produce the very best version of this I could - I think it's worth the effort; it has a wonderful quality to it.

I do like this shot. However, I really don't think I know enough about photo editing in lightroom to really get it to shine. I don't even know what you mean my "screening". As for the Tone, it bothers me. I don't like it. I don't know what to do with it though.

I need to take this one to my brother and get him to show me a few tricks in editing.