Reagan

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited November 7, 2005 in People
if I may quote Andy...

"Enjoy During Your Lunch Photography"

I was supposed to do her shoot in a week or two, down at the beach, but it turns out, she needed some new photos by tomorrow.

Well, who am I to turn down a beautiful model :)

So, during my lunch time, I had her meet me and we did the photo shoot in one of the courtyards at my work :)

Still working on the PP for the shoot, but here's a sample or two :)

42944487-L.jpg

42946363-L.jpg

42949891-L.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Steven
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2005
    here's another :)

42958626-L.jpg

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• OneWayMuleOneWayMule Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2005
    My quick take...

No1: I like the pose and the slight tilt but you're using direct flash and it shows. It gave the zippers on her top a cool look but her forehead down to her cheek and even her hair is shining. There's too much negative space above her head. Imagine cropping it right above her hair.

No2: Again, i like the pose but too much negative space on top. Her right arm is cut but not her left. But the colors stood out the most. I know when you look at your pic for a long a time, you cant tell but the colors are off. Looks kinda bluish-green?

No3: The best one here imo. Beautiful face and smile... nearly perfect framing. But again, hot spots from top-right of her forehead to her teeth.

No4: Wait... did i say no3 was my fav? Nevermind, this one is very umm.. pleasing :D The look on her face is right on, imo. Cropping is fine but this one has the worst case of over-exposer. Her face is nearly washed out.

I look forward to seeing these again after your post work!
  • MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2005
    i really enjoy the shots.

i'd like to call her hairdresser, i love the hair too :):
    Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
    "i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
    edited November 4, 2005
    OneWayMule wrote:
    My quick take...
    No1: I like the pose and the slight tilt but you're using direct flash and it shows. It gave the zippers on her top a cool look but her forehead down to her cheek and even her hair is shining. There's too much negative space above her head. Imagine cropping it right above her hair.
    I was experimenting with using fill flash... People make it look a lot easier than it is.
    No2: Again, i like the pose but too much negative space on top. Her right arm is cut but not her left. But the colors stood out the most. I know when you look at your pic for a long a time, you cant tell but the colors are off. Looks kinda bluish-green?
    I do see that the colors are off... still learning my way around Post Processing as well.
    No3: The best one here imo. Beautiful face and smile... nearly perfect framing. But again, hot spots from top-right of her forehead to her teeth.

No4: Wait... did i say no3 was my fav? Nevermind, this one is very umm.. pleasing :D The look on her face is right on, imo. Cropping is fine but this one has the worst case of over-exposer. Her face is nearly washed out.

I look forward to seeing these again after your post work!
    Thanks for taking a look and taking the time to critique. I really need it. I get a huge joy out of taking pictures of people. It just does something inside me that feels like no other. I strive to capture the beauty of people... not just the outside, but who they are on the inside.

Thank you again,

Steven
    MM Portfolio

edited November 4, 2005
    Mayndi wrote:
    i really enjoy the shots.

i'd like to call her hairdresser, i love the hair too :):
    Thank you Mayndi :)

I think she is the hairdresser :) haha

Thanks for stopping by,

Steven
    MM Portfolio

edited November 5, 2005
    What do you think of this one?

42959895-L.jpg

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Yes.
    That's the one. Thanks for adding it on. Great smile, lovely eyes.
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    I was experimenting with using fill flash... People make it look a lot easier than it is.

Steven
    I'm in the same boat as you, and the one thing i've learned... do *whatever* you can to diffuse the flash.

If you look further back, I posted a bunch of a girl named Allison, and those were all shot by firing my flash off of a white reflector.

I'm very much considering buying Gary Fong's new Lightsphere (2-PJ model)... The photos just speak for themselves...
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
    edited November 7, 2005
    I'm in the same boat as you, and the one thing i've learned... do *whatever* you can to diffuse the flash.

If you look further back, I posted a bunch of a girl named Allison, and those were all shot by firing my flash off of a white reflector.

I'm very much considering buying Gary Fong's new Lightsphere (2-PJ model)... The photos just speak for themselves...
    I agree with what you are saying. This was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I'm trying to get my photography off the ground so I can afford the extra equipment I need. (Expensive addiction here) haha

I want to get some reflectors as well as some sort of diffuser for my 383

Thanks,

Steven
    MM Portfolio