Options

Zach - Senior 2012 - Part 2

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited March 17, 2012 in People
We did the stadium shots. We had to time things right, but got the gift of a large cloud!

Here are a few....

1- 70-200 F2.8L IS, OCF camera right - 45 inch shoot through, 580EX, Sticky-Filters Blue
i-MW6GpBb-XL.jpg

2- Natural light, 70-200 F2.8L IS
i-KQnMtsr-XL.jpg

3- 17-55mm F2.8 IS, OCF camera right, 580EX, 45 inch shoot through umbrella, no gel, - the sun slipped behind a cloud for me here.
i-wbfbvZp-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2012
    Jeff, nice work. I would love to have some shots of that stadium. It looks as they can be worked up to be a type of Mark Bryant's "Street Scape" stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Jeff, nice work. I would love to have some shots of that stadium. It looks as they can be worked up to be a type of Mark Bryant's "Street Scape" stuff.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Can you send a link to examples?

My youngest graduated from the same school (as pictured) but I didnt recall the peeling paint in the stands. There are newer aluminum stands thAt make up the remainder of the stadium. They dont quite have the character that this original section has.
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2012
    Here is Marks's link. http://www.photoarttextures.com/index.php?splash=1 go to streetscapes then sports 1 and sports 2.

The images would have to be worked up with HDR and some Lucius or Topaz Adjust thrown but the kids love them.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2012
    Here is Marks's link. http://www.photoarttextures.com/index.php?splash=1 go to streetscapes then sports 1 and sports 2.

The images would have to be worked up with HDR and some Lucius or Topaz Adjust thrown but the kids love them.

Thats some pretty cool stuff right there!

When I was editing these I thought they might look good with a gritty and edgy processing.....but at least on my attempts....it just didn't seem to work.ne_nau.gif

It may be just a tad out outside the box for an old guy like me!rolleyes1.gif

Do you have any trips planned to head down this way? Being in Houma wouldn't put you too far away to make a day trip to shoot the stadium.:D

Errrr.....or did you want ME to shoot it?mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2012
    Jeff, if you want to shoot some shots of similar work to Mark Bryant I'll work up the files and send you copies. Stadiums entrances, bleaches, scoreboards etc and any other venues you think would work and I'll you the files for your time.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2012
    Jeff, if you want to shoot some shots of similar work to Mark Bryant I'll work up the files and send you copies. Stadiums entrances, bleaches, scoreboards etc and any other venues you think would work and I'll you the files for your time.

How 'bout this instead....you PM me a phone number, and Ill give you a ring from work tonight!

Might be a tad easier to discuss!:D
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2012
    That last one of him sitting in the stands really hits home to me. Really like everything about it.

The fact that you managed to work in the team name will make it a keepsake for him he will cherish!

Just Wonderful!
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2012
    Great shots. My only critique is #2 looks over exposed to me.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2012
    Gotham wrote: »
    Great shots. My only critique is #2 looks over exposed to me.

I edit on a calibrated monitor and pay extra attention to histograms during capture and editing. Some areas of the lettering on his shirt might push the envelope but the image is not over exposed.