Kaila, so cold!

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited November 7, 2005 in People
Hiya,

Did a shoot yesterday in near freezing weather. The model was late (for her own shoot!) and I was losing light quickly. To make things worse, we were shooting near the water. Brr.

kaila1-vi.jpg

Comments

• OneWayMuleOneWayMule Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2005
    Striking picture...

I'm not an expert but couple of things bothered me if you dont mind:
    My first reaction after seeing her beautiful eyes was that she appears a bit over-exposed in comparison to the background. Like the blonde in the hair, the bra strap and the highlights on her skin blend into the sky. If the entire background was blue (or something darker) then it would have been fine.
    Also the way her arm but esp. her hand is cropped off is bothersome.

I really like the picture though and her pose is thumb.gif.
    Her eyes matching the top is a very nice touch.

Share if you have more
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2005
    I like the model
    But this shot has a strong blue color cast and the skin is heavily magenta, a little PS work(if you object to my reworking it-PM me and I'll remove it)helps a lot Use lab color space curves to make global tone and color adj. the fine tune in RGB with Color balance sliders. A little shadow/highlight adj (adds detail to shadow in hair along neck and to overexposed hair on top of her head)followed by whitening the eyes and burning the lips and then sharpening a little. Finally a little burning in the edges.

42973754-L.jpg

(the cast was from the water and overcast sky)
    .................enjoy pretty model photography...............Mereimage
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    I like the originakl shot very much, even better than mereimages excellent version.
    I like the colors as they are, very interessting composition with the color of her shirt.
    And great pose!

Regards,
    Andreas