Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    For sure... And you played him well! thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    I guess I'm missing it... Is this one of those pictures you have to stare deep into to see the hidden image? ...LoL...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Good one, Walter. It takes a sharp eye to see a sharp face.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Doug, I think they're smokin' sumpin'....:D
    Rags
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Thank you Don, Tom. I try to keep an eye out for these whenever I'm in the rocks. I've been thinking, they're all so serious. I've never seen an anthropomorphic smiling.

Doug- This one's more subtle than many of the others I've found. Almost more of an abstract and illusion; I tried to keep it confusing which way the rocks are ordered by the light and shadows. The 'face' is also abstract with the single eye being in the cut at the upper center-left. The angeled cut near center is a small pursed mouth.

A theory is that some see faces in rocks and trees as a throwback to times when we needed to be aware of predators. It may be in our DNA to spot eyes staring at us.

Rags. I've been asked plenty. My usual response is a question; You have any?

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    wfeller wrote: »
    Thank you Don, Tom. I try to keep an eye out for these whenever I'm in the rocks. I've been thinking, they're all so serious. I've never seen an anthropomorphic smiling.

Doug- This one's more subtle than many of the others I've found. Almost more of an abstract and illusion; I tried to keep it confusing which way the rocks are ordered by the light and shadows. The 'face' is also abstract with the single eye being in the cut at the upper center-left. The angeled cut near center is a small pursed mouth.

A theory is that some see faces in rocks and trees as a throwback to times when we needed to be aware of predators. It may be in our DNA to spot eyes staring at us.

Rags. I've been asked plenty. My usual response is a question; You have any?

-

Nah, my wife threw it out; she's no fun.... :D
    Rags
  • Options
    Mike BishopMike Bishop Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    I think your naming adds confussion. I was looking for a playing card.
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    I think I'm going to make a short drive over to Nevada & get me some of that medical stuff... Maybe then I will see monsters...lol
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    But that's the point. This is an abstract. We are seeing, not a 'face' but a 'One eyed Jack' like the playing card. If the title was 'face in stone', I might not have picked up on it so fast! thumb.gif:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2012
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    But that's the point. This is an abstract. We are seeing, not a 'face' but a 'One eyed Jack' like the playing card. If the title was 'face in stone', I might not have picked up on it so fast! thumb.gif:D

Don

Exactly- the shadow on the upper left gave the stone a sort of a crown-look.

Hm, I'm going to find the Joker next. :)
    Cowboydoug wrote: »
    I think I'm going to make a short drive over to Nevada & get me some of that medical stuff... Maybe then I will see monsters...lol

I'll meet you -- Bring some extra.
    torags wrote: »
    Nah, my wife threw it out; she's no fun.... :D

Mine's no fun either, but at least I don't have to share.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    I'm thinking one of those terminators was buried and it is waiting to get released. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2012
    Eia wrote: »
    I'm thinking one of those terminators was buried and it is waiting to get released. thumb.gif

Thanks Eia. I wondered why these faces never look happy. Maybe you've touched on something there?
    :)
    Anybody can do it.