Options

Portrait Glam Session

RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited March 20, 2012 in People
From a practice session trying to implement a more modern glamor look. Feel free to C&C if you wish. Thank you for looking.

i-rXXQ7jf-L.jpg
Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
Website | Galleries | Utah PJs

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Great color and eyes. Do love this one. Watch leaning on her elbow into the camera and then turning her head to the camera. The neck tends to wrinkle up and that tenon pops out. Purchase some lip gloss for those who don't bring it. I'd bring the exposure down a tad and maybe saturate the irsis. I'm also a sucker for a good vignette.
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Good call outs Charles, thank you.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    My nit pick for you...

This could be a personal thing and may not even be considered correct, but...

I don't like shadows on the closest side of the face to the viewer. Other than that...nice model and nice pose.
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    Nice Ryan but I do have a thought ot two.

For a true glamor image you might want to smooth out the skin on the right (camera left) side of her mouth and a little blur on her chin and under her right eye. (I use Luminosty blend mode at 30% or so). I don't mind the shadows on the near side BUT the shadow is definitely bringing out some skin imperfection ion those areas. I'm told that's why "glamor" lighting is usually pretty flat.

I feel kind of hypocritical saying those things since I like to leave a model as natural as possible but, if the stated goal is Glam, I think you might want some more PP. I also agree Hack about a vignette for this image.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen