Options

#98 Last Ditch Effort Plz help me choose!

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,198 Major grins
edited March 21, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, trying again. I can't decide which to use or whether to pitch them all & go with a previous attempt.

i-qTRZ9C9-L.jpg

i-ZH9GRg8-L.jpg

i-KXzM9vH-L.jpg

i-LmRJ4Kv-L.jpg

i-584K8F9-L.jpg

i-TtJJHt4-L.jpg

i-8Nh8Knm-L.jpg

i-K96w75t-L.jpg

i-rKvKxdR-L.jpg

i-xXVMWMw-L.jpg

i-DL73rz5-L.jpg

Best of previous:
i-5DjkT8r-L.jpg

i-Wj5mZ3S-L.jpg

Big storms headed my way in about an hour, so I really need to get this done fast!

Thanks!
Sherry

Comments

• Options
    Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    The orange of #2 really pops on my monitor. That one is my favorite, although I think your color wheel idea is very creative and #9 is probably my favorite of them, I think because of the angle. It doesn't seem to grab my attention as much as #2 though. I like that there is a somewhat curvy diagonal line formed in the middle - I'd play with that some and also try an even tigher crop to eliminate some of the featureless white surface.
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    I like 2 and 3 of the newest ones. Whatever you decide, remember that the while there can be other colors, the two contrasting colors are supposed to be dominate, so I would stick to two colors, rather than the rainbow.
  • Options
    NelsonKNelsonK Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    I like #11 the best. I like the arrangement filling the frame and the opposed colors arrange in a circle.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2012
    Thanks Donna, Pat, & Nelson. I like different ones than anybody else, my Mom picked a different picture, my friend picked a different one, and my daughter & husband chose something different from anyone else (including me). Argh! I may have to just flip a coin.......

Sherry
  • Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    I like the bright colors and sharpness in # 2
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2012
    slpollett wrote: »
    Thanks Donna, Pat, & Nelson. I like different ones than anybody else, my Mom picked a different picture, my friend picked a different one, and my daughter & husband chose something different from anyone else (including me). Argh! I may have to just flip a coin.......

Sherry

I quit asking friends and family because all I got from them was that they were all beautiful.... not biased at all. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Mike BishopMike Bishop Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    I really like the angled shots of the color wheels that fill the frame, My only beef is that it does not look bright enough. I think I would really like to see it with the background as white and bright as possible without blowing out. Taking the time to arrange them more neatly wouldn't have hurt either.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2012
    Thanks, everyone.

My favorite was #13 but there were so many other flower images and nobody else seemed to care for this one, so I didn't use it.

My favorite shot of the eraser choices was (and still is) #6. I like the disorderly "Cacophony of Color" plus that one seems the brightest & sharpest of the bunch. Nobody else (except my daughter) seemed to like that one either, so that just underscores how out of touch I seem to be. My tastes never seem to agree with the crowd. ne_nau.gif

I also really liked the color wheel shots and REALLY wanted to choose one of those, but then I worried that a literal interpretation of the challenge would require just two colors. I guess I wanted to be different, but in the end chickened out and entered #2 which I guess was the best of my 'two-color-only' shots. I have to say that I don't like it very much and I've been down on myself since I loaded it to the challenge gallery for entering a shot that I myself do not like.

I had quit doing these challenges for a while because I found that I was spending too much time trying to please others (& never getting there) instead of trying to please myself. Here I am doing that again.

Thanks to all of you who responded. I really do appreciate your feedback.

Sherry
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2012
    Sherry,

:cryI hate that you didn't enter what YOU loved. I hope it wasn't based on my opinion. I am certainly not an expert and you never know what will bring votes. I am usually surprised by a few each round.
    I have been there and done that as far as entering photos that others liked, and I try not to do it anymore. I generally don't even post in the threads now unless I really like it, but I try to not post in the gallery unless it is one I really care about... despite if others didn't care too much for it.
    Don't give up! Lets just move on to the next. This time go with your gut. It feels much better. :)
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2012
    Oh, no, Donna....it was nothing you said. I appreciate your feedback so much, so please don't stop giving it.

I'm mainly frustrated with myself for not entering 'my' favorite shot. I talked myself right out of it...all that second-guessing bs. I'm also dogging myself for not being willing to take a chance on the multi-colored entry (my '2nd' choice). I am normally not a creative person at all, so I thought I'd really stretched myself (lol) with the eraser color wheel. I really wanted to enter that, but in the end thought I was only supposed to use two colors (instead of 6) so I chose the boring (to me) two-color shot.

I will enter other challenges eventually, but probably not the current one. I love Norman Rockwell, but I am just not interested in creating or re-creating a Rockwell-type scene.
    Thanks again,
    Sherry