Gallery access code - NOT password access - How to do it?

S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
edited March 21, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
So I've seen some photog's websites, and when you click "client access" or "Proofs" a page pops up that requests an "access code" to view the gallery. Is there a way to set this up with smug?
I'm not talking about password protecting galleries, I'm talking just a blank page requiring an access code to see anything. And the access code would direct to the specific gallery.
I tried searching but found nothing.
Thanks in advance!
Sam

Comments

• rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    S-Man wrote: »
    So I've seen some photog's websites, and when you click "client access" or "Proofs" a page pops up that requests an "access code" to view the gallery. Is there a way to set this up with smug?
    I'm not talking about password protecting galleries, I'm talking just a blank page requiring an access code to see anything. And the access code would direct to the specific gallery.
    I tried searching but found nothing.
    Thanks in advance!

Check the customization forum: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=215886

The "access" code they input is the gallery name. E.g. if their gallery were at www.example.com/Clients/Joeblow, they would use "Joeblow" as their access code. You can also use random names for the galleries, but just know it's always visible as part of the URL.
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    Thanks. Looks like a lot of good information to figure out what I'm trying to do.
    Sam