Options

Congrates to the winners of DSS Challenge #98 (Contrasting Colors)!

2»

Comments

• Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Congratulations Vandana on your beautiful image. And to the other winners too. Thanks to all who cast their vote my way as well. GP
  • Options
    PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Congrats to you all!!!! Really great entries this round. It was hard for me to only pick 10.
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Congratulations Vandana, very well deserved! thumb.gif

clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    K10DK10D Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Congrats Vandana, very nicely done. Well deserved.clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    I'd like to give a little feedback, pliz?

Though I didn't score many votes in this round, I found I worked harder on this than any challenges previously. Well, the two or three I've tried since I joined.

What I can say is that I learned a whole lot of new skills doing what I did. Was what I did magazine-perfect? Nah, probably not. But it was a helluva lot closer than I thought I could get. And that's what I like about these things... the challenge. Like, the minichallenge... I suck and sunsets. Totally suck. Don't shoot 'em often. But I may wake up early tomorrow to try and shoot a sunrise, just for the heckuvit.

In other words, thanks guys, for creating these and keeping them coming. Much appreciated.
    Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
    Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net
  • Options
    NelsonKNelsonK Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Congrats, Vandana! Great work, everyone on this extra challenging challenge. Well deserved wins for all.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 23, 2012
    I'd like to give a little feedback, pliz?

Though I didn't score many votes in this round, I found I worked harder on this than any challenges previously. Well, the two or three I've tried since I joined.

What I can say is that I learned a whole lot of new skills doing what I did. Was what I did magazine-perfect? Nah, probably not. But it was a helluva lot closer than I thought I could get. And that's what I like about these things... the challenge. Like, the minichallenge... I suck and sunsets. Totally suck. Don't shoot 'em often. But I may wake up early tomorrow to try and shoot a sunrise, just for the heckuvit.

In other words, thanks guys, for creating these and keeping them coming. Much appreciated.

Great to hear that someone gets the point of them! Thank you!clap.gif
  • Options
    kentwallerkentwaller Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2012
    JAG wrote: »
    This particular challenge was considered a SOOC (straight out of camera) round. That means absolutely NO post processing was allowed. What we were striving for, is to see what ppl could come up with by taking an image and just straightway put it into the album. Which means all the preparations and considerations, needed to be thought of before clicking the shutter.

This was all lined out in the entry thread here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=216594deal.gif

ok - makes sense - thanks for the explanation!
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Congrats Vandana and the Mega qualifiers.

I participated in spirit and loved lurking on this one. Hopefully my work schedules will allow me some room to participate soon.

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Well deserved win, Vandana! Congrats to the other placers!