VIDEO: Dark side of the kitchen

rob marshallrob marshall Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited March 21, 2012 in Holy Macro
A collection of the best of my kitchen macro/close-up shots that I have taken over the past two years, using a variety of stills cameras. I'd appreciate any comments as to how well the presentation works. My intention was that it should be dark and edgy. The music certainly helps that. Best viewed in HD1080 mode at full screen.

I used ProShow Gold V5 to put it together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3b_iBKdOco&hd=1

Comments

• Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    A collection of the best of my kitchen macro/close-up shots that I have taken over the past two years, using a variety of stills cameras. I'd appreciate any comments as to how well the presentation works. My intention was that it should be dark and edgy. The music certainly helps that. Best viewed in HD1080 mode at full screen.

I used ProShow Gold V5 to put it together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3b_iBKdOco&hd=1

Wow! Really nice imagery Rob. I love that you're taking everyday 3d shapes that we all are so familiar with and creating a totally new context for them, while reducing them down to their basic forms. The play of positive vs. negative space is really well thought out and nice. The video definitely has a museum exhibition quality to it. My one slight crit would be to go ahead and make them all black and white for this presentation. The color stood out for me. Just my 2 cents though. I'm really impressed.

-Rob
    -Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    Wonderful shots, well put together :)
    Brian v.
  • rob marshallrob marshall Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    Rob Pauza wrote: »
    Wow! Really nice imagery Rob. I love that you're taking everyday 3d shapes that we all are so familiar with and creating a totally new context for them, while reducing them down to their basic forms. The play of positive vs. negative space is really well thought out and nice. The video definitely has a museum exhibition quality to it. My one slight crit would be to go ahead and make them all black and white for this presentation. The color stood out for me. Just my 2 cents though. I'm really impressed.

-Rob

Thanks, Rob. Glad you said the bit about taking everyday objects and creating a new context. That's exactly what my general aim is with this type of shot. It's fun too!:D
    Wonderful shots, well put together :)
    Brian v.

Thanks, Brian. I'd like to see more of these presentations from other people. A lot of shots get created and forgotten. Putting them into a presentation like this creates a more permanent piece of work, I think.