Options

Rapid Fetcher Air App in Referrer

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited March 20, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I was checking my site stats and it shows that Rapid Fetcher Air app was the second biggest refererrer on my site. I did some digging and it allow people to download entire galleries from Smugmug. Anyone have any insight on this? I have my images watermarked but it would not show what gallery it was hitting is there any way to know? Smugmug reported it hit my site and how many but not what galleries.

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    Hi David,

We are sorry for any confusion. The RapidFetcher app can indeed be used to download photos and it can be used by anyone though they will need a link to your site or a page within your site. It will appear on the referrers tab however, because it's an application and not an actual page you can't follow the link back to see what images were downloaded. As with any download method other than a pro selling downloads through the shopping cart. Files saved with the app are subject to the restrictions you have in place including largest size available, watermarking, etc.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2012
    Teach wrote: »
    Hi David,

We are sorry for any confusion. The RapidFetcher app can indeed be used to download photos and it can be used by anyone though they will need a link to your site or a page within your site. It will appear on the referrers tab however, because it's an application and not an actual page you can't follow the link back to see what images were downloaded. As with any download method other than a pro selling downloads through the shopping cart. Files saved with the app are subject to the restrictions you have in place including largest size available, watermarking, etc.

I realize there is not a link to see, is there anyway Smugmug can possibly tell me what day or what category or any other information to see? I would really appreciate it.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    I realize there is not a link to see, is there anyway Smugmug can possibly tell me what day or what category or any other information to see? I would really appreciate it.

Sorry David, we don't have that :(
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Sorry David, we don't have that :(

I figured as much, never hurts to ask.. Thanks