Options

JPEG Banners?

GazorgGazorg Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited March 21, 2012 in SmugMug Support
Is there an equivalent to show-off banners that use only jpegs? I'd like to include a small square with the pictures of my gallery in an email but it is not reasonably possible to include flash in emails. JPEGs are easy to include, though.

It is of course possible to include a couple of thumbnails instead. Or to make a banner manually (or automatically in some program) and put it in a hidden gallery. More work, though.

Comments

• Options
    grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    Hi Gazorg,

Would sending a photo by email work for you? Viewers could see one picture, then click through to your gallery. Described here.
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93253-sharing-photos-via-email

-Robin
  • Options
    GazorgGazorg Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    It works fine of course, but what I like with the badges are that they are an automatic montage of the thumbnails. I could of course take a screenshot of the badge, put it in a hidden gallery and mail or link that photo. A bit more work (for me). The problem is that most email services and clients are (rightfully) very restrictive when it comes to embedding active content.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    Gazorg wrote: »
    It works fine of course, but what I like with the badges are that they are an automatic montage of the thumbnails. I could of course take a screenshot of the badge, put it in a hidden gallery and mail or link that photo. A bit more work (for me). The problem is that most email services and clients are (rightfully) very restrictive when it comes to embedding active content.

Yup, other than that method, we don't have a way to make a jpg badge, I'm sorry.