Options

Fish anyone?

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited August 8, 2004 in Wildlife
Just a shot of my clownfish in the xenia.

mitch

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2004
    Very nice shot, you must have overcome a lot of technical obstacles to get such a clean image from a tank.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited July 27, 2004
    Mitchell wrote:
    Just a shot of my clownfish in the xenia.

mitch
    Neat fish - great minds think alikelickout.gifLaughing.gif

Welcome to dgrin. If you hang around, you may meet SeeMaiden and her friends who do a fair amount of saltwater photography.
    3858868-L.jpg

Scanned from a 35mm slide shot 25 years ago.......Laughing.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2004
    I haven't been doing as much (read: nothing) in aquatic photog as, say, Reefer Ben, or Bob Fenner. However! We decided, after looking through the Ikelite catalogs, to buy an Oly C8080 for our underwater photography needs for the upcoming Bali trip.

I honestly don't know if the S.O. is going to share, so far he watches me drop my Oly C-740 and says something along the lines of, "Uh huh, I'm gonna let you touch my new Rebel?"
    "Yeah, why not? My little Oly can take it, why not your great, big Canon?" mwink.gif
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2004
    Whoa, pf! Don't tell me you were keeping salties 25 years ago?? bowdown.gif
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 5, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Whoa, pf! Don't tell me you were keeping salties 25 years ago?? bowdown.gif
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif If my memory serves me, I think that was shot at the Aquarium in Chicago.

I used to dabble in tropical fish when I was in grade school and only dreamed about salt water.

I have an aquaintance who does salt water displays commercially, and that is enough to convince me that I will leave saltwater tanks to the pros and see my salt water fish via scuba instead.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    I haven't been doing as much (read: nothing) in aquatic photog as, say, Reefer Ben, or Bob Fenner. However! We decided, after looking through the Ikelite catalogs, to buy an Oly C8080 for our underwater photography needs for the upcoming Bali trip.

I honestly don't know if the S.O. is going to share, so far he watches me drop my Oly C-740 and says something along the lines of, "Uh huh, I'm gonna let you touch my new Rebel?"
    "Yeah, why not? My little Oly can take it, why not your great, big Canon?" mwink.gif
    Sea maiden, thank you for turning me on to this great board!! I came here after I read one of your posts on RDO.

mitchthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2004
    Oh? What post was that? Are you registered on reefs.org, and if so, what's your username?

UPDATE: We've gone and purchased an Oly C-8080 for the U/W stuff. I LOVE THIS CAMERA! More/another thread later.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery