Options

D200 ISO 1600 Samples

Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited November 23, 2005 in Cameras
Hello all...

I can't vouch for the authenticity of these pictures but some D200 high ISO (1600) pics have shown up on FM and dpreview. You can judge for yourself...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=15716795
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/304631/1

Lee

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2005
    Lee Massey wrote:
    Hello all...

I can't vouch for the authenticity of these pictures but some D200 high ISO (1600) pics have shown up on FM and dpreview. You can judge for yourself...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=15716795
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/304631/1

Lee
    I was just looking at those. They look very promising, but of course nothing near what a "proper test" should be, so don't make any buying decisions based upon someone's pictures of a wall with the flash on lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very confident that when a proper test IS done, we'll find that the D200 is in fact a super camera for high ISO shooting. Until then, the preliminary shots are looking good!

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2005
    I was just looking at those. They look very promising, but of course nothing near what a "proper test" should be, so don't make any buying decisions based upon someone's pictures of a wall with the flash on lol.
    They do look promising and I totally agree that they should be taken in context as the photographs are not taken within a controlled test environment.

I was able to get a good price on this camera so I have the D200 on pre-order. It should be interesting to see how this camera stands up. Either way, I am sure that it will be a fine camera... thumb.gif

Thanks,

Lee
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Lee Massey wrote:
    I was able to get a good price on this camera so I have the D200 on pre-order.

Mind if I ask what price you got it for? I'm wanting to pre-order it.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    JohnR wrote:
    I've heard rumors of 1,500 and change, but personally I wouldn't spend this much money at a store where I haven't already bought things in the past. I tried to get a deal on my D70 and almost got ripped off by one of the many Brooklyn Scam group (Area code 718)

I'm hoping with the D200 to- 1.) Ebay everything I can lay my hands on (though my D70 I will keep, and turn into an IR camera maybe) 2.) try to get a student discount, Either through Brooks Institute or through one of the many local shops that has discount programs...

Take care all, and happy shooting!
    -Matt-
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2005
    JohnR wrote:
    Hi John...

I don't mind at all... :D I got it for $1999.95 CDN (most of the retailers are selling it for $2150 CDN). It was originally priced at $1999.95 when I put in my order and then a few hours later it changed to $2150 CDN. I think that I just got lucky as I verified that they were willing to honour the original pricing.

Thanks,

Lee
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2005
    Hey Matt,

Did you see the other samples that were linked on dpreview (ISO 800)? Were you able to download them?

Lee
    I've heard rumors of 1,500 and change, but personally I wouldn't spend this much money at a store where I haven't already bought things in the past. I tried to get a deal on my D70 and almost got ripped off by one of the many Brooklyn Scam group (Area code 718)

I'm hoping with the D200 to- 1.) Ebay everything I can lay my hands on (though my D70 I will keep, and turn into an IR camera maybe) 2.) try to get a student discount, Either through Brooks Institute or through one of the many local shops that has discount programs...

Take care all, and happy shooting!
    -Matt-
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2005
    Lee Massey wrote:
    Hey Matt,

Did you see the other samples that were linked on dpreview (ISO 800)? Were you able to download them?

Lee
    No Lee, I viewed the images but they were "links" so I couldn't properly right-click them with firefox. I lost interest and never got around to screenshooting them. I'm better off just concentrating on working hard to earn the money to buy one!

-Matt-
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2005
    For those who care... From a snippet of a dpreview thread:

D200: effect of NR settings at 1600 ISO

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=newproduct_nikon&page=1&sn1=&sid1=&divpage=3&sn=off&sid=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=13332
    Resized image and 100% crop at ISO 100, ISO 1600+ NR off, low, normal, high

Hurray! No color desaturation at high ISO!

Taken from:http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=15987576

Thanks,

Lee